Tuesday 1 December 2020
Open of day one and networking
Welcome and introduction
Catherine Wolfenden – Osborne Clarke LLP
Question Time: The law firm as a business
Our panel of top law firm partners will address the key issues affecting firms in 2021. This session will help delegates understand how firms operate as businesses and the role they will play as trainees. The panel will answer questions from the audience.
- Catherine Wolfenden – Osborne Clarke LLP
- Navjeet Virk – Pinsent Masons LLP
- Rachael Healey – RPC
- Working together on a corporate transaction – Pinsent Masons LLP
- International property and casualty – RPC
- Restructuring and private equity during a global crisis – Weil, Gotshal & Manges (London) LLP
Close of day one
Wednesday 2 December 2020
Open of day two and networking
Question Time: Key advice for applicants
Our panel of recruiting experts will provide detailed guidance on what makes a good applicant, how to prepare and present a successful application form, and how to excel during a vacation scheme or training contract interview. Again, audience participation is encouraged.
- Anna Dixon – Burges Salmon LLP
- Rachel Rowley – Nottingham Law School
- Laura Nelson – Weil, Gotshal & Manges (London) LLP
- Family law – Burges Salmon LLP
- New legal advice needed as a result of the covid-19 pandemic – Osborne Clarke LLP
Networking in workshops
Final networking will take place in your workshops.